Search the forum,

Discuss Not sure what sort of bolt / bracket I need in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

DIYing a corner basin in my downstairs toilet and have bought a pedestal and sink to fit myself. Getting someone qualified in to put in the pipework up to the isolation valves then I should be sorted.
Problem is the company that sold me the sink said I just need to silicone it to the pedestal (it just sits on top with drain and tap holes drilled) but I'm not convinced that'll do a good enough job.
Included a pic of the back of the sink where there's clearly holes for a bracket of some kind.
In my head I envisioned a hook attached to a long threaded bolt and something like a butterfly nut on the other end to pass through the wood top and secure by tightening.
I've searched for something like this but not managed to find anything. Does something like this exist?

Attachments

• PXL_20210609_160603319.jpg
    PXL_20210609_160603319.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 13
Both as it’s a corner basin one in each wall

Sorry guys, I think I've confused you by saying it was for a sink pedestal. My bad - using the wrong words. It's a corner wood unit, so it's being mounted to the top of the unit and the bracket would hold the sink to the top. I drew what I had in mind.
Something like a hook (purple part) on top of a threaded bolt that would be long enough to pass through the top of the unit and secured with a washing / nut.

Attachments

• sink.png
    sink.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 8
Nope never seen one like that normally get stuck to the unit with sticks like ****

Sorry guys, I think I've confused you by saying it was for a sink pedestal. My bad - using the wrong words. It's a corner wood unit, so it's being mounted to the top of the unit and the bracket would hold the sink to the top. I drew what I had in mind.
Something like a hook (purple part) on top of a threaded bolt that would be long enough to pass through the top of the unit and secured with a washing / nut.
It seems you've invented a fixing method where most would use sealant/adhesive.

But you could try something like this (assuming basin holes are right size):

if its going to sit on a unit /worktop then you don't need brackets. Just use some silicone or grab adhesive - make sure surfaces are clean & degreased - you only need a small amount.

Reply to Not sure what sort of bolt / bracket I need in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock