Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28i - no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JSM87

Hello guys

I have a Worcester 28i central heating system.

Yesterday I came home to find the house was freezing with no central heating and no hot water. It had been left on while I was out in full working order so its not as if I had manually done something to trigger a fault.

• It powers on
  • There is a red LED indicator to say its powered on
  • There is no noise other than the timer clicking for around 5 seconds when its powered on, then it sounds as if its trying to ignite at which point it makes a bit of a rumble but not the normal rumble it used to make which would be the gas ignition.
  • the pressure is at 1.5
  • I've bled all radiators (3 radiators had air in them but fine now)
  • When I turn the hot tap on there is a clicking noise that clicks once, I think this is the spark maybe. If im right in saying its as if its trying to spark but doesn't ignite hence no big rumble noise.
  • Im unable to re/de-pressurise the system above or below 1.5 as when I repeat the pressuring method it doesnt budge. Whether this is because it is already fully pressurised I don't know, but just thought Id mention.
  • Our gas fire and cooker work fine

Can anyone help. I'm happy to try out any suggestions.

Whoever can lead me to a resolution is a hero.

Yeh tried that numerous times, doesnt kick anything into action.

Strangly enough most of frozen condensate pipes Ive ever had are on Worcesters either they are very popular or they run very efficiently and make lots of condensate.

well thats what I am thinking I havnt had I call for a frozen condensation pipe yet

Wouldnt it have melted by now... its actually not that snowy/cold over here...

How can I check it never the less?

I dont know, its still icy here. Is the pipe external?, go and feel it.

just disconnect plastic nut on the left hand side of boiler and see if water comes out if it does it could be blocked

I dont know, its still icy here. Is the pipe external?, go and feel it.
Pipe is external, its cold but wouldnt say freezing. Anyhow, I have poured hot/warm water over it to warm it right up, it was was froze, it isnt now

Still no heating

There a 2 rubber hoses inside the system, red and white. Blowing down the red one does some to trigger something and seems to kick start the spark to click for about 10 seconds trying to ignite, it doesnt, but the red pipe blow trick does definitely do something

Pipe is external, its cold but wouldnt say freezing. Anyhow, I have poured hot/warm water over it to warm it right up, it was was froze, it isnt now

Still no heating

There a 2 rubber hoses inside the system, red and white. Blowing down the red one does some to trigger something and seems to kick start the spark to click for about 10 seconds trying to ignite, it doesnt, but the red pipe blow trick does definitely do something

Lol, oh dear.......

Went to two worcester bosch breakdowns today, both with frozen condensate pipes, one vaillant yesterday showing F28 fault code which should mean gas fault but it was frozen condensate again

went to two worcester bosch breakdowns today both had frozen condensate pipe fault, same rumble sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i - no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock