Search the forum,

Discuss Woodburner Back Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Parker

Hi All

I have an oil fired boiler that heats the rads and hot water with no problems. Because I live in the middle of nowhere and oil supplies can be a little expensive and unreliable because of the weather, I also have a wood burner with a back boiler connected to the central heating system.

The back boiler has 4 pipes coming from the back. Two for the hot water and two for the central heating. The pipes to the central heating has a pump which is controlled by a thermostat attached to the hot water pipes. When the pre set temperature is reached, the pump switches on and start moving water. The pipes below and above the pump get hot, but the hot water is not reaching the rads.

It's been suggested that I have an air block, but where? and how can I get rid of it.

There is a header tank for the central heating system in a cupboard.

I hope I've explained properly. If anyone can offer any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Parker

Hello Parker and welcome to the forum.

How are the two systems connected together? does the oil boiler heat the rads ok?

Hi ecowarm

I have been informed by the previous owner that there is a manifold under the landing floor. He wasn't to sure how the two are connected. The oil boiler does heat the rads ok. It looks like I'll have to rip the floor up to do more investigating. The pipes from the back boiler disappear under the floor boards, before they do the pipe is hot.

ok. I'll do that. It won't be this weekend, I'm chopping wood! Thanks for you help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Woodburner Back Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock