Discuss vaillant turbo max plus 828 E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

called to this tonight its the boiler with the green knobs turbo max plus 828e.worked ok on central heating but when hot tap was run boiler display quickly rose to 120 degrees and boiler blew off on prv.looked at diverter spindle through hole and could see spindle move when changing from htg to hw .also went into parameter 35 on operating codes and could see them changing from 1 to 0 showing operation of diverter control.there is very little advise in the manual on checking things.I am assuming a blocked hw heat exchanger (it was to late to strip and check). also the manual states the diverter and pump need to be removed is this the case as it looks as if it can be removed without the pump being taken out.also if removed will the DHWheat exchanger need new seals .Also can anyone describe the Aqua start system is it a pre heat ?

thanks ant

give it a miss these are a pain to wrk on,if you do have a go ,you need washer kit,
aq is pre heat

got to go and look at it on tue .does the pump have to be removed to get hw heat exchanger out as manual sys .

thanks ant

looks loike it wil come out without .worcester junior manual says complete monoblock has to come out to change theirs but it does not ,has anyone done a hw plate heat exchanger on this vaillant.will let you know tue night

ant

Aqua start system is it a pre heat ?

thanks ant[/QUOTE]

I believe it's the rotary type flow switch for the dhw.

If changing the plate H/E always change the seals [makesure some come with the H/E, surprisingly many manufactures supply them separately]

Hi went back to this today removed plate heat exchanger and flushed out got about 3 table spoons of scale out.blew through both connections of plate hw and primarys and found slight restriction on primary side compared to hw side.put back together and tested .heating worked fine ,putting hw tap on at low rate boiler worked ok giving 50degrees water but when tap was increased boiler flame would ramp up and temp on display go to72 then go off and light again and repeat the same again thus the water run luke warm.am i correct in thinking plate heat exchanger still partialy blocked.I hate fitting parts if i am not 100% sure.the diverter seems to work fine pin moves and can see in parameter 35 switching.i managed to change without taking out pump but made it fiddly.anyone help.

thanks ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant turbo max plus 828 E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi looking for advice please Have Vaillant Turbo Max 837E boiler, the dial temperature set at 42 degree (on 10 clock where as used to be...
Replies
Views
I have Vaillant Combi Bolier Turbomax Plus 828 E. About four years ago, the Engineer having serviced the boiler, forgot to open up the water...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
H
Hello, I was asked to attend a customer with a central heating problem as follows:- The installation of a new boiler Vaillant Turbo Max 837...
Replies
Views
H2OGAS
H
K
I have vaillant Turbo Max Plus 824/7 Boiler installed in 2003, in 2006 we change pump so said the engineer and twice the diverter valve been...
Replies
Views
RusClarke10
R
Back