Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Turbo Max 837 Overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2OGAS

Hello,

I was asked to attend a customer with a central heating problem as follows:-

The installation of a new boiler Vaillant Turbo Max 837 and new 10 radiators had been installed only five year ago however, no power flush was carried out during the installation.

The system over the years has got so bad that there was no heating on the ground floor and the upstairs only got warm.

The boiler would fire up the flow (external from the boiler) pipe would be very hot indeed however the return was ice cold.

No problems reported with the hot water it was working fine.

I recommended a power flush to clean the system of debris and I guessed would resolve the problem.

I carried out the power flush for two days on 10 Radiator system 1[SUP]st[/SUP] connecting to the ground floor 15mm pipe as per Kamco training. Boiler still fired only for around 60 seconds then overrun 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] day I connected below the boiler cut into the 22mm flow and return flushed the downstairs section and carried out the same for the upstairs thinking it still could be blocked.

With the boiler still only run for 1 minute before overheating I changed the following on the advice of Vaillant tech Pump, diverter valve and by pass. The internal flow and return both were getting hot but the boiler by pass was also still getting hot so I added a system cleaner after the power flush and let it run on the both heat exchangers inside the boiler hoping it would clear the problem of overheating.

I balance the system however the boiler still overrun after 5 minutes now the whole house had 80% better heating and the customer as happy indeed. After two days the system heating went down to 15% all upstairs rads are cold tried to balance the system again only gained 55% heating output from the rads and the boiler only runs for 60 seconds again.

I’ve spend 4 days on this and the customer is unwilling to pay for my work I have advised that it is a process of elimination I was happy with the parts I’ve changed as they are common parts to replace due to a un-cleaned system.

I have now advised that we could look at the main heat exchanger, change Lockshield and TRV,

Customer is unwilling to pay as he thinks I’ve made the problem.

Just need advice on fixing the system and how to get the customer to pay up for my time.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Turbo Max 837 Overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock