Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant 837E pump compatibility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jill

My Vaillant turbomax 837E combi has just begun to make a rattling/clunking noise when turning on hot water & heating. The pressure gauge dial flickers (it doesn't drop but just flickers up & down by about 1mm). Someone said the pump has probably gone - could this still be the case if I am still getting hot water & heating (tho' I daren't turn it on for long as the noise sounds pretty scary).
I've been looking for compatible pump on line - the part number is 59866527 & there's another number 161015 but I can't find this pump anywhere on the entire internet. Does anyone know if there is another compatible pump? I've been searching for hours! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jill

If pump back case OK just new head required,any plumber who works on these boilers,should be able to supply and fit head required,no problem :)

imho

get someone in to look at it ,could well be the pump but could be a fan as well both these components will make the boiler noisy

Thank you.
I will do - it's just finding someone reliable & honest in SW9 as every plumber I've had has ripped me off - ie with my last boiler I had practically every part replaced at 50 times it's RRP (by various plumbers within a month) only to be told two weeks after forking out £600 that I would need a new boiler instead of just telling me that at the start!
So I thought I'd try & get the part first, pump being the usual culprit. But maybe I should just put a post out on this site for an honest plumber I know they are out there somewhere!

The pump back case looks fine. Mark GS 124619 has suggested it could be the fan. I just need to find a good corgi plumber near SW9. Thank you to both of you for taking the time to reply. All the best.
Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
what part of sw9
pump is easy enough to check resistance and flow...
have a part no for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks newbie1.
I'm in SW9 9DF. I have given my number to Puddle (administrator) who's kindly said he would forward it to you.
All the best.
Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant 837E pump compatibility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock