Discuss salmander rsp45 to thermo shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Marley

Hi all,

My first post here, having read as many posts as I have already and still no closer to finding the problem I have to ask 'can anyone help?'

My friend has a thermo shower supplied with a salamander rsp45. One day when it was in use, it started making a lot of noise and I checked it out for him. I noticed that the pump was fitted above the cylinder with an AGL through a top entry flange and there was no non return valve. I suggested the pump be repositioned to the bottom of the cylinder with a top entry flange and he asked if I'd move it for him which I did. He told me the shower hadn't worked properly since being fitted and the hot water always had to be purged by firstly running the shower cold to kick the pump in, then gradually increasing the temp. To cut the story short, since re-positioning the pump, I've replaced the auto air vent on the hot water as there was no hot water flowing from the shower ( pipes go up and through the loft). I seem to get a good flow of hot water initially ( about 3 ltr per min with pump isolated ) then when left for the day, the hot seems to stop flowing!

I'm determined to get the shower working again, but at this stage need to call on you guys for suggestions...

Can anyone help?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to salmander rsp45 to thermo shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock