Discuss Radiator and valves Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Can anyone help me please . I have been asked to replace a leaking rad on the first floor landing of a house that has about 17 rads . The new rad will be slightly shorter than the old one . To make a neat job of it I want to take up carpet , a floorboard or two then alter the pipework at one end of the rad , cutting the pipe under the floor & connecting a new pipe up through a new hole . Whilst I have done this before I usually drain the top half of the system ,but because it is a biggish system I am wondering wether to not drain & : -
1. Plug the Feed and expansion pipes in the tank , drain what water i can and put a sheet under pipe , cut it and quickly reconnect with new pipe useing brass comp fitting . Or
2. Freeze pipe using either Aerosol kit or even hire an electric freezing machine . Or
3. Some other method !!!!!
Thanks guys . Also I would like to take this operatunity to wish everyone a Happy Nude Year .

Have you considered buying radiator tail extension pieces? They are chrome and shiny looking so look OK, and they save a lot of time and effort. I have also seen an adjustable radiator tail adaptor.

Thanks for replies , If the pipes were coming out of concrete I would use tail extensions . Perhaps its me but I think it looks neater if the pipes go straight into the valves .

Happy new year, Think I would go for the can of pipe freeze method £14, blocking the feed and expansion should work at no cost but I wouldn't want to risk it...........:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator and valves Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock