Discuss Odd size rubber boss adaptor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JBPLUMBING

I'm working on a bathroom. Cast Iron stack. I need to make use of an existing integrated connection. When I pulled out the old 40mm pipe the rubber adaptor that was on it is a strange size. It is about 1cm smaller in overall diameter than a normal rubber adaptor (it's about 50mm). It looks just like a normal one it's just thinner rubber) I can't use a normal adaptor (too big). No room for a boss and replacing the soil stack isn't really an option.
Any ideas?

ps Local merchants had never seen one, nor had bss.

IMG00418-20120502-1618.jpg

Left is a normal 40mm rubber boss adaptor, right is the odd size one I pulled out the cast stack.

Could you get a bit of cooper in there. Do a cup joint and then a universal coupler on to that?

I'm sure you can do a joint that goes to copper. Not sure of the terminology

Why not just shove it back in with a 3" cutting of the old waste pipe and come off it with a multifit union

The only thing can find on google is an oakum + lead joint... I don't have the materials to do that.

The old rubber adaptor is not in good nick, it's split so I can't reuse it.

You will get the proper adaptor in Drain Center or PDM or Ashworths or whatever drainage merchants you have near you.
A flush pipe adaptor may do it if you are stuck.

I bought the 'correct' size adaptor from the merchants (see pic above), it was too big. Aaargh!

Thanks Tamz, I've sussed it. I bought a push fit 40mm boss adaptor from Wickes which was just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Odd size rubber boss adaptor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have the exact same issue as this chap had 4 years ago, however I am unable to post on that thread and no solution was ever arrived at...
Replies
Views
D
I had someone move my toilet soil pipe which involved changing the connection to the vertical cast iron soil stack. I didn't like the look of it...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Hi, Ive got to boss into a 4" cast stack in the next couple of days, I've never done this before, normally have cut a section of cast out and...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I have discovered a leak from my waste stack in the roof space of my extension. It seems that at some point in the past before I owned the...
Replies
Views
jonjack
J
M
Looking for help. Using Floplast fittings. I have to make two connections to my soil pipe; one is a 50mm pipe under the floorboards, the other...
Replies
Views
marshr02
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock