Search the forum,

Discuss Soil Boss Connection - Push Fit or Solvent?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marshr02

Looking for help.

Using Floplast fittings. I have to make two connections to my soil pipe; one is a 50mm pipe under the floorboards, the other is 32mm within easy accessible carcassing.

I see Floplast do a rubber bung thingy for stuffing into the Boss's 50mm socket. Also a solvent weld reducer.

The rubber bung doesn't look too clever, yet I want to make something that can easily be adapted without pulling apart too much.

In the past I've used a solvent adaptor (for the boss) with a ring-seal socket for the waste pipe. But floplast don't seem to do these..

Interested in what others do?

Cheers

Sort of use whatever the local plumbing merchant has in at the time. I prefer solvent weld but if there's only push fit available I'm not going to waste time going to another outlet.

Thanks for the reply.

If we assume the local merchant has everything stocked (yes, I know, it's not often that way)...:

I prefer solvent weld as well, but I presumed the waste branch would benefit from an expansion joint, and what better place to put it then at the boss. That way any future alterations to the branch don't require messing with the stack. I've used solvent weld adaptors with a ring seal on the other end - seems perfect. BUT Floplast just have a rubber bung that I wouldn't trust to have under the floorboards.

Guess I'm just asking if other people have been here before.

why do you have to use flowplast? go to grahams , plumb centre , plumbline the list goes on and get solvent weld for under floors if you are concerned about it.
I dont use flow plast so wont comment on that but all the materials such as the rubber connector you are talking about are made to go in the boss so should not leak

and also are you useing the flowplast to save money? because if your customer puts nice tiles down on the floor and then 6 months down the line it starts to leak then it will cost you more money and your reputation aswell maybe.
I never use push fit waste under floor or even multi fits (unless I have to) I only use solvent fittings infact the only waste fittings i use is solvent weld unless connecting on to old copper wastes etc were you have to use a multi fit

Thanks for the reply.

Didn't want to mix manufacturers in case of slight problems with pipe diameters? The soil stack just fitted is Floplast, so the boss is floplast. Is the boss inside diameter standard? In which case all I would need to do is source another PVC based adaptor; solvent weld into the boss with a ring-seal to accepting solvent weld 40 waste...

Cheers

I'm DIYing (experienced), not in the trade. I have asked 3 plumbers to quote to install my stack, and placed a note on this website, but no takers at all?!!

The stack is push-fit, which I guess is pretty standard. The branch pipework is to be solvent weld for the reasons you quote. Just aware that the bath run is just shy of 3m so could do with expansion joint somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Boss Connection - Push Fit or Solvent?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm connecting a long run of 50mm solvent weld waste pipe from a shower to the stack (compliant with regs hence 50mm). The soil stack branch is Hunter and I bought a Hunter solvent weld boss adapter to fit on it. However, the waste pipe (Floplast I think)is a loose fit in the adapter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently DIYing my bathroom and have a soil stack with 3 waste pipes bossed into it (bath, basin and bidet) - all waste is currently push fit under the floors. Before I tile the floor, I'm going to replace all the push fit waste with solvent weld - it's not leaking but seems prudent...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
I have a boss adapter to connect to my basin waste to soil branch but the I am trying to work out what connector I need on the boss itself to connect up my 32mm solvent weld waste pipes. I currently have a solvent weld adapter in the first picture below and my ABS 32mm waste fits in there to...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I bought a combo potty with basin from Bathroom republic via eBay and I'm about to set about fitting it. It was advertised as a 'Beth' toilet - I think it may be Chinese and there is no maker's name to work with (pls see pic). In the cistern is new fangled (to me)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock