Search the forum,

Discuss Rotating soil pipe tee embedded in subfloor in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Adam93

Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind there, pictures attached showing where the toilet and shower waste meet the soil pipe. We have a townhouse so the soil pipe runs 2 floors above this bathroom too, boxed in throughout the inside of the house.

I know this is hard to guage online but from my understanding it's sometimes possible to rotate push fit soil pipe connectors if you're lucky and they've not been solvent sealed or haven't stuck themselves in place over the years. As you can see from my picture the actual boss tee is going straight into the concrete subfloor rather than into a visible connector to exit the house, I'm guessing it wouldn't be wise just trying to turn this in place given where it connects to the pipe below can't be seen and even if it did turn could come loose without knowing?

In this case what would the plumber need to do and how far under the concrete would the connector be?

Cheers!

No pictures ?

No pictures ?

Sorry, not used this forum before and couldn't see the button to add any. Had to wait for the post to be verified then before I could do anything! Imgur link below as can't see a button to direct upload

s7905A1_d.webp

R63gQVi_d.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to replace the tee but it should be doable

You would have to replace the tee but it should be doable

Is that because the current one would need to be cut out instead of rotated in place? I'm just wondering if they'd need to get the subfloor up around the bottom of the tee in order to actually reconnect a new one to the pipe exiting the house.... It doesn't look visible at the moment.

It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into the side of it might hit a wall / needed to be capped off etc

Reply to Rotating soil pipe tee embedded in subfloor in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock