Discuss Need advice on stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

madmax2002uk

hi all

i am looking on getting self employed and am working on my business plan, i have researched the pros and cons associated with different training methods, methods of getting a van and a few other things.

what i need advice on is what stock a good plumber carries on the van and what kind of quanitys as i would like to start building stock up while waiting for training to begin

i would appreciate your advice on this matter and thank you for your time

it all depends on what sort of work your getting you would be better trying to keep your stock low to start with once the work starts coming in then you will know what you are going to use and not waste your money, most jobs you will need to quote for and when you have quoted you will know what you need for that one job, you can always nip out for somthing if you need to, if you have a lot of stock on your van and it gets robbed you've lost a lot and need to buy it all again, just carry the basic's pipe/conections, service valves, bath water trap, basin water traps (P, S, Bottle) sink trap, tap washers, O rings, solder, flux, ect

as said it depends what sort of work you want to do.

ifyour doing general plumbing bathrooms etc you can make a note of what you need when you go to quote, sods law if you have a part on the van it will be another type or lenght that you need for the job.

if you plan on doing 24 hour you'll need a lot more.

i do 24 hour and also sub to a housing association,& 2 calll centres
and we have to carry most everyday parts as 99% of jobs are to be repaired on that first visit.

we carry a stock of your usual everyday parts or parts that are most common to fail everyday

part 2 float valves, e/f fittings, radiator valves, isolation valves, compression fittings, flexi taps connectors, various sized immersions,
stopcocks, overflow pipe-fittings, washing machine fittings, wc spares - do-nuts - syphons - float valves, solvent weld pipe fittings the list go's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need advice on stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock