Search the forum,

Discuss motorised valves help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wat5190

Once a motorised valve has powered up and moved the valve from hot water to central heating should the motor stop running and lock in position bare in mind the spring tension against it, or should it carry on running to keep the spring tension valve in the correct postition.

Any help would be appreciated Rob Watson

Last edited by a moderator:
your quite right, it should power forward, back of slightly then lock into position, then power of.
if you know how to use a multimeter you can test the opperation is correct.
sounds like yours is not tripping of correctly.

My old one was the same so 2night i have completley changed the 3 way valve. after fitting the new one i turned the central heating on, the motorised valve powered up and moved the valve from hot water to central heating, the one i fitted has a detachable head and the motor is still running just like my old one was ahhhh

My old one was the same so 2night i have completley changed the 3 way valve. after fitting the new one i turned the central heating on, the motorised valve powered up and moved the valve from hot water to central heating, the one i fitted has a detachable head and the motor is still running just like my old one was ahhhh

sounds like its not fully engaging then due to scale or electrical faut?.

hmmm . But a diverter valve will be set to hot water, then when demand is met it will then pull open to heating. Then will hold there until hotwater is again called for, even if heating temperture has been met.

:confused:
hmmm . But a diverter valve will be set to hot water, then when demand is met it will then pull open to heating. Then will hold there until hotwater is again called for, even if heating temperture has been met.

yes but they are stepper motors. they step to the next position and are not designed to be constantly running as the motor will burn out, surley?.
thats what the keyed locks are for on the casing. so they can hold position releiving the motor?/.:confused:

no that is just for manual use. Unless im wrong of course and the ones iv seen are faulty.

Praise the combi

:confused:

yes but they are stepper motors. they step to the next position and are not designed to be constantly running as the motor will burn out, surley?.
thats what the keyed locks are for on the casing. so they can hold position releiving the motor?/.:confused:
they are not stepper motors there synchron some one here actually sent me a bit about them in a previous thread they actually stall in place against the spring force but stay in that position The electronic involved were well over my head ONCE THEY START TO MENTION SQUARE SINE WAVES I GLAZE OVER

they are not stepper motors there synchron some one here actually sent me a bit about them in a previous thread they actually stall in place against the spring force but stay in that position The electronic involved were well over my head ONCE THEY START TO MENTION SQUARE SINE WAVES I GLAZE OVER

thanks steve, for the pointer :Das i said if it works dont fix it:D

Yes sychron motors in three port valves stay powered up, when they move to certain positions.

They stall if a DC voltage is applied to the rotor as well as the stator.

Its a bit complicated to explain for a three port valve, I would Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to motorised valves help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock