Discuss Joining two unvented hot water cylinders together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrismac

Any suggestions or advice on combining two 250 litre unvented cylinders together.:whatchutalkingabout Cheers

How would i go about checking you pal ? Think about it how would ypu connect them ?

And you may be G3 but the other people seeing this thread aint ! If you a plumber up your post count and ask to be allowed in arms !

It's a good question, there are different ways of doing it! It's important to keep all the safety devices & controls! I'm not sure if guys will give out too much info without unvented ticket proof now it seems...

You seem to have a bit of a communication problem up there in merseyside, if you ain't got anything to say other than if you had ya g3 don't reply. Thanks fa nothing.

You seem to have a bit of a communication problem up there in merseyside, if you ain't got anything to say other than if you had ya g3 don't reply. Thanks fa nothing.

No need for a attitude pal ! When i did my unvented we went through how to connect them up etc ! Yano so assuming you have had your training why ainy you learnt it ! But i understamd training varies from place to place ! You say thanks for nothin about what i said but then say u will up your post count after i recommended it ! See you round the forums

communication problem ???? cos you did not get what you were expecting ??

best way to get an answer is to talk to the cyl manufacturers for their opinion, that way you cant get it wrong if you didnt learn on course.

If you are qualified why are you getting so uptight about people asking, I find it a breath of fresh air when people ask for my if I'm competent, that says to me people are starting to clamp down on monkeys fitting appliances dangerously.

This guys is why we need an unvented section.

Well that was informative for my first thread. Can't wait for the next one which I am thinking up.:prrr::bulb2:

You are welcome ! Most people get what they want in live if they know how to ask for it :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Goodo I think my question was termed ok, but I put it in the wrong part of your forum. I am 100 percent against any non registered unskilled persons carrying out gas/plumbing. End of.

Well that was informative for my first thread. Can't wait for the next one which I am thinking up.:prrr::bulb2:

whats your next one gonna be ? Hot to connect onto a copper gas pipe using plastic ? Ill tell you now it will start the same way ! Are you GSR ?

I think we may all be getting our nickers in a twist & going over the top here.
I can answer the question properly without giving anything away that would allow un-registered installers to gain info or advantage.
If you are going to connect up these units you must install them as if they are single units i.e. each must have its own composite control valves on each cold & if indirect they must have their own zone valve installed & wired to each cylinders control & O/H stats.
Only the hot outlets are then connected.
This info is freely available from manufactures (although I had to ask Megaflo for written confirmation on the primary's, recently).
Hope that helps Chrismac

Hahaha, got to get back its not holding up on the g.t.t, might have to get me matchs out.

did g3 today and anything 500 or over it would seem has to be designed by manufacturer to cover ones bum so I would ask the makers for full spec on 2 times 250 myself if thats the case

Thanks for that, I don't remember having that info when I did the g3 but was going to contact them before I start the job. Cheers

if you now how to fit one , what stoping you fitting two together ?

the thing is, i know exactly where Chrismac is coming from. if you have never banked two cylinders together, it can be a very daunting task. the task itself is very easy on paper but when your trying to get your head round it for the first time, it can be difficult no matter how much you've trained. when i did my g3, they didnt say anything about putting two together, so when i was asked to do it at my previous place of work, i was quite suprised, and tbh stumped on how to go about doing it!! we went down the route that lame plumber suggested, we actually got a full system diagram from megaflo.

hope this helps chrismac

View attachment 12273
I don't know if the above will help. Don't forget 2 x zone valves required 1 on each controlled by its own cylinder stat / HL.

LMAO even HS Megflo cannot get thier drawing correct........

Being anal and good plumbing practice, regards the oulets of hot from both cylinders the T should be equi distant from each cylinder so the internal resistance is the same, I.E they both receive even use etc (even more important on vented regards hot and cold) i would say the same for the primaries too, but in the case of 2 fitted together i would feed from a LLH
anyhow

I also think the zone valves should be shown as they're an important safety device, i appreciate there is a note in the text regards this

Thanks again for this advice, I can understand people getting a bit funny about given too much advice over the net for every Tom dick & Harry to try there hand, I have installed loads of unvented over the years but never had reason to marry two together, my main concern was primarily that one cylinder does not do all the work which would let the other stagnate, verns info has highlighted what I've assumed in regards to keeping everything balanced or maintaining an (equilibrium) big word for Saturday.. Will be constructing my own LLH out of cu prob in 42mm.

Hi croppie, I was actually writing my last post when you left your last post so I did not read yours till after I posted. Apart from that I understand where your coming from. As your all aware I'm new to this forum which is no excuse, what I have observed over the last few days with this forum is there are a lot of professional & informative people contributing to public awareness in regards to gas issues, this is a very important forum & not just a load of people having a laugh, so I apologise for the attitude displayed on this forum, & hope it has not offended or caused anyone upset. So apologies to all.

That megaflo drawing in relation to the secondary loop is wrong in my oppinion,
on a single cylinder installation with a loop you have the check valve to prevent reverse circulation (water being drawn out the secondary tapping and going to the dhw outlet rather than coming from the proper outlet), in that drawing it is possible for one cylinder to be drawn out of the secondary tapping and into the other one, i would have a single check valve on both tappings.

Maybe thats me just being anal there?

Insulting behaviour towards members only trying to help you will not be tolerated on this forum.
THREAD CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Joining two unvented hot water cylinders together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I think I looked into it a few years ago. That a modern 200litre unvented cylinder would need a higher litre expansion vessel then one that was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock