Discuss Issue with inlet gas pressure on multifunction valve giving false reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

standard8

Interested to know if anyone else has had experiance of this. First time I noticed it was on a 60Kw floor standing air heater. We did the entire installation including the gas line from the meter to the unit. On commision gas reading showed a drop accross the gas line of about 4mBar. Then the sweating started. Cheacked my gas pipe sizing calc's about a dozen times, got another enginner to check, all appeared correct. in the end put a test point into the purge point and checked the inlet pressure there. Had a difference of 3.5mBar. i.e. the pressure drop through the gas valve was 3.5Mbar. The pipework was fine about .5Mbar drop.
I have kept my eye out for this ever since and several times been caught with commertial and on occation domestic boilers. ANyone else had this happen to them.

ive had a 5mb drop over an skp twin valve set before.
spoke to manufacturers and was informed that so long as the supply pressure to the valve inlet (working) was in the range they asked for it did not matter.

ive had a few like this where ive done inlet preasures from the gas valve and its under when you ring manufacturers they will often give you a figure that is satisfactory at the gas valve point some as low as 16mb so there must a 4 mb drop across the valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Issue with inlet gas pressure on multifunction valve giving false reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back