Discuss Isolating Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the cold screw down stop taps where intended to act like a none return valve by having loose washer jumpers.

The water entered through the seating by pushing the jumper up in the air any backflow is supposed to force it back down onto the seating stopping backflow into the main water.

Many screwed down main water stop cocks still use the same principle today, but they are not classed as none return valves.

Incidentally you can find them on some old bath taps as well. You usually find out when you nearly blow your brains out blowing against a closed valve when your trying to clear air locks, or the hose jumps off when you try to force water down the pipe to clear air locks.

They can also be found on some main storage cisterns preventing you blowing air out of the pipes into the cistern also to clear air locks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Isolating Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
The only hot tap that doesn't give constant hot water in the house is the bath tap. It gets hot for seconds and then goes lukewarm/cold. The...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all - hoping someone knowledgeable can help as I'm super confused by this.... I have a standard system / gravity fed boiler, large cold tank...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock