Discuss Illegal installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
like the drawing shows it doesnt need an additional 2 port for an s plan, but does need a safety cut out wired in, good luck

Thanks Fuzzy. I'm getting in a proper person to check it out. Hopefully something easy to test for. I have a sparks on site tomorrow so he may even be able to do it.

Think I may have a source for the confusion over the discharge pipe. Tamz is of course absolutely correct about G3 and the British Standards, what I have found in addition though is within BPEC's (British Plumbing Employers Council (Training) Ltd) unvented training manual where it states that a high level termination with a turnback may now be acceptable with prior approval from the Building Control officer, it doesn't state where this guidance is from though...

Thanks for this. Thinking logically I would imagine it may be acceptable at a level high enough so that by the time the fluid hits the ground it will have cooled down sufficiently to do no damage, and probably away from an area where people walk.

perhaps a (cold) water discharge test may prove prudent just to ensure that it safely runs down the wall and doesn't dangerously splash out, you could do this yourselves by pouring water into the black plastic tundish with a funnel while someone watches the discharge point outside.

Thanks back would that replicate the pressue the water would come out in a real situation?

Thanks back would that replicate the pressue the water would come out in a real situation?

I think it will give you a good idea especially if you pour a good amount down there, your tundish is an air break so you’ll not get discharge at pressure so to speak anyway, from that point onwards it will be quantity and gravity that will determine how it behaves at the outlet

Think I may have a source for the confusion over the discharge pipe. Tamz is of course absolutely correct about G3 and the British Standards, what I have found in addition though is within BPEC's (British Plumbing Employers Council (Training) Ltd) unvented training manual where it states that a high level termination with a turnback may now be acceptable with prior approval from the Building Control officer, it doesn't state where this guidance is from though...

It comes from the word safe and by using something which is not so common anymore.

Thank you chaps. If only everyone in this industry had a safety first attitude. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Illegal installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock