Discuss Ideal Standard mixer tap won't direct full flow to shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Crosby

I've an Ideal Standard Waterways bath/shower mixer tap. The pull to direct the flow to the shower head is inline (at the base of the shower hose) on the bath spout/tap. On activation only 50% of the flow goes to the shower. The remainder continues to discharge to the bath spout (and is wasted when using as a shower). On exposing of the directing valve the parts seem intact with washers/o-rings and spring etc.. Within the body of the tap there is a circular seating cast in the body of the tap set. This circular seating would appear to have a notch cut-out (5mmx5mm) that appears to be part of the manufacture. I don't know if this notch cut-out continues to allow flow to the bath when it is supposed to be closed- and I can't determine if the bath flow channel is along the underside of the bath spout or if it is along the sides of the spout). Has anyone experience of this? Is the part/design faulty? Thanks, Mark

Flow should divert fully from bath fill to shower,so there must be a problem with change over valve,without seeing,hard to pin point problem,give ideal a ring,they are a friendly bunch and am sure will help sort out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Standard mixer tap won't direct full flow to shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, my 2002 Mira Excel mixer shower is only putting out a dribble of hot water, the cold flow is fine and hot water flow to the bath tap is...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Matrix Bath Shower Mixer Tap, the diverter valve will not stay in place and needs to be wedged up for the shower to work. I have...
Replies
Views
HI, i qualified as a plumber in 1999 but have had a career in welding since ( i discovered quickly I didn't like plumbing but stayed to finish my...
Replies
Views
I have an Albion indirect mainsflow thermal store installed in July 2011 with a 120 litre capacity. I live in a block of communal council flats...
Replies
Views
Back