Search the forum,

Discuss Bath tap diverter valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Bristan Matrix Bath Shower Mixer Tap, the diverter valve will not stay in place and needs to be wedged up for the shower to work.
I have removed the diverter valve and the problem appears to be the rubber seal which is rock hardand no longer seats properly.
I have contacted Bristan and unfortunately the part is obsolete and no longer available. Part No is DIV 04121C-3M.
A google search gives only one supplier and they have no longer have stock.
The bath is built in and it would require great deal of dismantling to replace the tap.
Any suggestions?

Jim

If the seals are O-rings, you should be able to find an assortment/kit with which to replace them.
If there's a washer type seal, you could probably locate something equivalent, or if not, fabricate one from thick sheet rubber using a knife!
The other alternative is to find or make a spacer to wedge the valve up! Clothes peg? 😀

Reply to Bath tap diverter valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock