Search the forum,

Discuss Which Showering device is best suited for a thermal store? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an Albion indirect mainsflow thermal store installed in July 2011 with a 120 litre capacity.

I live in a block of communal council flats built in 1979. I have gravity fed water tanks on the roof of the property about 3-4 stories high. Pressure to my property on the cold water supply is strong & has always been. The hot water pressure is slightly weaker. Hot water is pumped into all the council flats from a boiler off site which is old (called communal district heating). The boiler keeps failing & pipe work bursts. I have to live with this. The council are currently renewing the boiler & its associated parts over the long term. I heard the council’s main boiler house needs to pump out hot water to 65 degrees for the optimum performance of the thermal store to work in order to get decent hot water in the household for showering, washing machine etc.

I recently installed a bath/shower mixer model no bd304 which has NO thermostatic cartridge. This link:
Hudson Reed Jade Traditional Deck Mounted Bath Tap - https://www.ergonomicdesigns.co.uk/product/BD304~hudson-reed-jade-traditional-deck-mounted-bath-tap---shower-attachment.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6Ya5q9qr6QIVdoBQBh2prQMiEAkYAyABEgJWuvD_BwE

Upon installation the hot & cold water pressures are good. However, when showering & turning on the hot water it’s not scalding & I can have a shower which is hot & WITHOUT any cold water turned at all. This doesn’t appear correct?? The longer I shower the hot water starts to dwindle until it becomes luke warm. The same thing happens when I turn the kitchen sink tap & bathroom basin tap.

I previously had a shower/bath mixer WITH thermostatic cartridge Model No CD324 per this link:
Premier Reef Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer | CD324 | Deck Mounted | Chrome - https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/premier-reef-bath-shower-mixer-tap-cd324?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3-u0wfih6QIVk_dRCh3vQgtvEAkYASABEgIgU_D_BwE

Model No CD324 worked well in terms that I could regulate the temperature with the thermostatic dial & when I turned up the dial temperature gauge the water did become scalding which I what I would expect when hot water is turned on fully. I could get a decent 15-20 min shower at reasonably good hot water temperature. This mixer had the added benefit in that it kept water flow & temperature constant when others where using a tap or household appliance eg dishwasher & or washing machine in flat. Overall I would say that CD324 did give me a far hotter shower daily v’s the brand new mixer install bd304.

MY QUESTION is to all the plumbers out there which is the best shower device for my situation & thermal store as described fully above? If anyone has any other mixer products to recommend please let me know & or if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Any help & advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to Which Showering device is best suited for a thermal store? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock