Search the forum,

Discuss Help wanted Ideal icos boiler probem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevieauto

Hi all thisis my first posting and need help.
I have anIdeal Icos HE18 boiler, the other day the heating did not come on and afterinspection of the boiler. On the control panel it was flashing a code of L.F
Accordingto the service manual it is a flame detection electrode fault to which afterfollowing the diagnosis suggested a replacement.
Areplacement electrode was fitted. I also cleaned out the condensate trap, (alsoas recommended by manual). filled it with water and refitted.
Refittedboiler sealing panel, switched on boiler and cleared fault code on panel.
Boilerstruck up and ran for about 15 secs then shut down, after a short while boilerstruck up again then again shut down this happened three times and then wentinto fault again Flashing L.F code.
Againremoved sealing panel, checked wiring from electrode to pcb all seemed to beok. But I noticed that the gasket that came with new flame electrode wasslightly thicker, so changed it back for the old one. Again cleared fault codethen started the ignition process all over again. This time it appeared to fireup and run a lot longer and all was ok on control panel. The only thing I diddifferent on firing up the boiler was I forgot to refit sealing panel and up onrefitting the panel boiler started to cut out again, I momentarily removedpanel to see if it was obstructing anything then it shut down tripping the electrics.Now trying to switch boiler on it instantly trips the power. I can only assumeits damaged the pcb. Any ideas?
Sorry forthe long winded explanation.
Any advicewould be helpful many thanks for feedback.
CheersSteve

Thanks guys will take your advice, hope to up date post when its sorted just to give some feed back

Thanks for taking the time to read

Cheers Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help wanted Ideal icos boiler probem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I tried posting this already and lost post so here goes again. I'll start from the beginning so please bare with me. Few Months ago I was getting intermittent heating with occasional flame error code on my ICOS HE12. British gas engineer came out when the system was working and...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I'm having trouble with our Ideal Icos HE24 boiler at home as it appears to be short cycling. Going to try and keep this concise but there's a bit of a back story so here goes: The boiler was installed as part of a new-build property in 2006 and broke down in 2014. Ideal came...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I would really appreciate some help/advise with aboiler problem I am having. I have a valiant eco tec combi boiler and have noticed thatwhenever I flush the toilet downstairs, as soon as its finished filling theboiler kicks in…. the orange light turnson and I can hear the flame ignite...
Replies
Views
brooklyn07
B
L
Hi I have had reason to drain my central heating system and take off 2 radiators. After refilling and turning the system back on,everything seemed ok. After switching the boiler on, it went to standby mode (O) on the control unit. Then after switching on the CH and hot water on the controller in...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
J
Hiall. We have anARISTON Combi A Series boiler situated in our loft. The last number of years wehave had a number of instances where it has either cut out for no apparentreason or lost pressure. The cut outsare very infrequent and so are not at this time a concern. The pressure losshowever...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock