Search the forum,

Discuss icos ideal HE18 boiler only works for a short time - no fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lezmclair

Hi I have had reason to drain my central heating system and take off 2 radiators. After refilling and turning the system back on,everything seemed ok. After switching the boiler on, it went to standby mode (O) on the control unit. Then after switching on the CH and hot water on the controller in the house, the LED flashed, then remained on after the boiler fired up and the control unit showed (C). However the boiler only runs for a while then stops. There is no fault code, just the LED light blinking on and off. The control unit still shows (C). I had a similar problem a couple of years ago during Winter when the condensate trap was clogged up with ice. After defrosting it, it worked fine again. I have tried removing the condensate trap, cleaned it out (there was a fair bit of crud in it), refilled it with clean water and refitted it. I thought this might have solved the problem. But again the boiler just ran for a few minutes then cut out with the LED just blinking off and on and the control unit showing (C). Any ideas?? Cheers. lez

Hi many thanks for answering. I dont think the pump has burnt out ( I hope not!)as I can still hear it working. I have bled and rebled the rads. I will have another go at bleeding ther air around the pump as ive been told that is a likely place. Cheers.

Hi I have bled some more air around the pump. Now everything works ok for approx 5-10 minutes. Water gets hot and rads work. However after this time it stops again as before. Do you think there could be more air trapped or have I knackered up the pump? if so is there a way to test this? Cheers. Lez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to icos ideal HE18 boiler only works for a short time - no fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'd appreciate advice on what the potential issue could be with this boiler. Its a heat only Ideal Icos 18 fitted to an open vent system It had been switched off during the summer and had occassionally been used to heat water. Turned it one a few days ago and I could smell some...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock