Discuss icos ideal HE18 boiler only works for a short time - no fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lezmclair

Hi I have had reason to drain my central heating system and take off 2 radiators. After refilling and turning the system back on,everything seemed ok. After switching the boiler on, it went to standby mode (O) on the control unit. Then after switching on the CH and hot water on the controller in the house, the LED flashed, then remained on after the boiler fired up and the control unit showed (C). However the boiler only runs for a while then stops. There is no fault code, just the LED light blinking on and off. The control unit still shows (C). I had a similar problem a couple of years ago during Winter when the condensate trap was clogged up with ice. After defrosting it, it worked fine again. I have tried removing the condensate trap, cleaned it out (there was a fair bit of crud in it), refilled it with clean water and refitted it. I thought this might have solved the problem. But again the boiler just ran for a few minutes then cut out with the LED just blinking off and on and the control unit showing (C). Any ideas?? Cheers. lez

Hi many thanks for answering. I dont think the pump has burnt out ( I hope not!)as I can still hear it working. I have bled and rebled the rads. I will have another go at bleeding ther air around the pump as ive been told that is a likely place. Cheers.

Hi I have bled some more air around the pump. Now everything works ok for approx 5-10 minutes. Water gets hot and rads work. However after this time it stops again as before. Do you think there could be more air trapped or have I knackered up the pump? if so is there a way to test this? Cheers. Lez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to icos ideal HE18 boiler only works for a short time - no fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock