Search the forum,

Discuss Help please Baxi 105e instant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jezhawk

Hi everyone this is my first post here
i need some help if anyone can offer any.

I have a baxi 105e instant i get hot water upstairs but not in the kitchen downstairs,if i put the tap on upstairs (Hot) then it will through hot downstairs.

Also the hot used to be hot in 3-5 seconds but now it takes 30 + seconds to get hot i dont know if this might be causeing the problem downstairs ....other than that the boiler works as it should

i hope someone can help thanks in advance if you can

Hi forgot to mention that a plumber told me it might be the tap so i just bought a new mixer tap and its the same :(( still no water oly when i turn it on upstairs

Replace hot water diaphragm in boiler ,probably stretched,flow rate maybe lower on kitchen tap

imho

well tbh cant see how you can have a boiler fault if one outlet works but not the other strange:confused:

Replace hot water diaphragm in boiler ,probably stretched,flow rate maybe lower on kitchen tap

imho

its the instant puddle,has no diaphragm but it may have a snapped differential pressure rod but this would normally cause it to scream its head off and no hot water anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone this is my first post here
i need some help if anyone can offer any.

I have a baxi 105e instant i get hot water upstairs but not in the kitchen downstairs,if i put the tap on upstairs (Hot) then it will through hot downstairs.

Also the hot used to be hot in 3-5 seconds but now it takes 30 + seconds to get hot i dont know if this might be causeing the problem downstairs ....other than that the boiler works as it should

i hope someone can help thanks in advance if you can
had similar problem with a worcs grn star jnr it was a problem with the kitchen sink taps not being able to pass enough water , are they regstrictive taps , do you get a good flow rate through problem taps, try to run off some water before it goes to tap ie. put temp flexible tap connector hose underneath sink , if it stays hot then change taps or repair them if your feeling lucky .

well tbh cant see how you can have a boiler fault if one outlet works but not the other strange:confused:

its the instant puddle,has no diaphragm but it may have a snapped differential pressure rod but this would normally cause it to scream its head off and no hot water anywhere
swear the boilers got a diaphragm cos it pushes spindle out to make a microswitch attatched to housing , we are talking about the first 105 e and not the he model i take it

yes i get a good flow and ive spent 3 hours today changing tap for a new one,but find it strange that it wont let hot threw unless i turn upstairs tap on to hot first.
And there is no noise from the boiler like i said all seems normal except its not istant hot water like it used to be takes a little while now before gets hot.

had similar problem with a worcs grn star jnr it was a problem with the kitchen sink taps not being able to pass enough water , are they regstrictive taps , do you get a good flow rate through problem taps, try to run off some water before it goes to tap ie. put temp flexible tap connector hose underneath sink , if it stays hot then change taps or repair them if your feeling lucky .

swear the boilers got a diaphragm cos it pushes spindle out to make a microswitch attatched to housing , we are talking about the first 105 e and not the he model i take it

its not a 105e its a 105 instant very different macine

to the op, the last poster has a point is it a 105e or 105 instant? it cant be both,and appoligies to puddle if its not a instant

Well just checked the front it says BAXI Combi instant 105e

sn# MBH0421
thats it

right its the instant confusing:confused:perhaps thats what the early ones were called it does have a small diaphram on the dhw but its not likely to cause this fault does it whine at all when you pull hot water off it? if so it could be the differential dhw pressure valve baxi sometimes refer to this as a sheil valve,what can cause confusion is there are two baxi 105 boilers the 105 e and 105 instant the 105e is regarded by many as the best combi ever made were as the 105 instant sadly is A unreliable peice of tat sorry if you have THAT version

thats the one,lets see if a diaphragm cures it its a small one similar to the pump pressure switch but most problems i have found stem from the plastic rods inside the valve they last about 2 years

so Puddle you think i should replace the diaphram?? is this an expensive job?
would you suggest to replace that part and get full service at same time

so Puddle you think i should replace the diaphram?? is this an expensive job?
would you suggest to replace that part and get full service at same time
diaphrgm kit is about ÂŁ20 but would be surprised if it cured problem with no hot water at kithcen tap , but hey , its a cheaper option and would narrow it down if not

I think you should let an engineer look at it , and sort it for you , or it will all end in tears , already cost you new taps and 3hrs now you looking at changing boiler parts and your obviously not an engineer so get someone in who is.:p:p

well i live in bournemouth if anyone on here wants to come sort it drop me a pm thanks to eveyone for all your input

jerry

just checked boiler again when i turn hot tap on upstairs boiler fires up,but when i turn tap on in kitchen boiler does not fire up but the pressure is the same as upstairs well it looks the same i dont know if this would still mean its the diaphram ?

id disconect the hot pipe to the kitchen tap conect some hose to the hot pipe and run it into the sink see if boiler light with full flow through the hose if it does problem is with the tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please Baxi 105e instant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock