Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss heating :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boschit

hello all
sorry not for posting for a long time :(

the problem is i have a Y-plan system and in the mornings the boiler does not fire up :( and that means no hot water :mad:, i replaced the 3-way valve and that sort of worked :confused:.

then when the boiler decides to fire up (you have to stand next to it and re-set it) then once it has fired up it is the internmitent weather it will fire up next time:(

now it will fire up then cut itself off imeditly :mad:, then a few times of doing that it will go normal again

the boiler is a glowworm hideaway 50C FF

attached pics:

No.2 = one side off a 22mm elbow :eek:
No.6 = one bucket of water from one radiator :eek:

would you powerflush?

boschit

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 30
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 22
boiler is faulty either clogged or other fault and yes a powerflush is a definate but doubt that will cure it all

No (comercially available) chemical is going to get rid of encrusted rust like that in a hurry.

My advice would be to replace as much pipework that is a bad as that as possible. Then powerflush to get rid of the rest of the dirt in the system.

For more advice you could see (google)

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
To try to save system
You could try adding a chemical to the system first and let run in system hot for 8 hrs a day for a week,then flush through and maybe a power flush,you will have to keep a sharp eye out for any leaks during this period
Then maybe fit a magiclean unit to catch whats left
good look !!

thanks guys worse than i was thinkng :mad:

what chemicals would you use? and how many bottles for a system that contains 9 rads (do i count a double as 2:confused:)

fernox
sentinel

everbuild |
cura \ availabe from bes it says they are wras approved:confused: and cheap :D

could i also do a water sample service with fernox?

boschit

air getting into system and pump sited close to the fe expansion pipe take of pump and i bet it is almost blocked otut with rust, you will need to replace it.
this may be the cause of electrolitic cavitation within the system.

the boiler is working very well at the moment, all i did was re-assembile the case back together:eek::confused::cool:

still waiting for a response from glowworm tech, beeen about a week now:mad:

boschit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock