Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfoss macerator discharge problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beboers

Hi Guys,

i fitted a grundfoss solo lift macerator today and ran the dischargein 21.5 mm overflow, I tested it at the end of the day and was getting a couple of drips out of a few of the fittings? Is this just my error in gluing them or should I not have used the solvent weld pipe work and fittings? Appreciate any replies?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm overflow and :001_9898: dont go together in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok what would you have used? 22mm copper? How do you join that to a strap on boss at the stack end? Thanks

22mm barrier pipe in one complete length via strap on boss and rubber insert in the past, means you can blow through any blockages and no leaks or 11/4" waste works ok as well as long as you glue it properly.

Ok thanks for that lame, I was sure overflow was ok but I suppose I should have checked! Can't really use 22barrier as its all a bit tight for curving it around bends.

If it has lots of bends that are too tight to bet barrier bent round, and needs 21.5 elbows you might have fun with blockages...
Also standard solvent weld isn't rated for pressure use, and that's probably what it's getting subjected to if the discharge run has a lot of restriction downstream of the pump.

On the rare occasion I've ever fitted a macerator I've always used 22mm copper with swept bends for the vertical and gone up to 1 1/4 waste for the horizontal.

Solvent weld overflow pipe is fine to use on all macerators as the discharge pressure is only around 12 - 15 psi so it sounds like bad joints if their leaking, always use the pipe cleaner on the pipe and the elbow joints before the solvent weld and you should be ok.

Mike is correct in saying the best way to run the pipe is 21.5 / 22mm for the vertical then you can run 32 or 40mm to the stack but the all important factors are the 1:100 (10mm per metre) "fall" on the pipe to the stack and never use sharp 90 degree elbows anywhere.

Last edited:
Ps.
If you use solvent weld or barrier pipe or any "pipe on a roll" you have to support it at regular intervals to make sure there are no dips or sags in the pipe when installed or in years to come otherwise water lies in the dips which reduces the full flow of the next lot of water comming along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfoss macerator discharge problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys I am at the design stage of having a En-Suite built and have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. For long and complex reasons I have to have a macerator and that needs to sit behind a close coupled toilet. this will take the waste from a sink, shower and toilet. Saniflow say I need...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your replies. I have settled for a lesser-of-two evils option. I cut the copper coming from the stack elbow back a bit further, and have glued (desperate times) a solvent weld elbow onto the copper using a large quantity of quick setting glue. The rest I have managed to get level...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
P
Hi. I have a hot water high pressure problem that my heating engineer (and other engineers that he has spoken to) cannot fix. I’m hoping someone on the forum can explain what is happening and how to resolve it. My hot water system uses an air bubble at the top of the hot water tank for...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock