Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Grundfoss macerator discharge problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beboers

Hi Guys,

i fitted a grundfoss solo lift macerator today and ran the dischargein 21.5 mm overflow, I tested it at the end of the day and was getting a couple of drips out of a few of the fittings? Is this just my error in gluing them or should I not have used the solvent weld pipe work and fittings? Appreciate any replies?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm overflow and :001_9898: dont go together in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok what would you have used? 22mm copper? How do you join that to a strap on boss at the stack end? Thanks

22mm barrier pipe in one complete length via strap on boss and rubber insert in the past, means you can blow through any blockages and no leaks or 11/4" waste works ok as well as long as you glue it properly.

Ok thanks for that lame, I was sure overflow was ok but I suppose I should have checked! Can't really use 22barrier as its all a bit tight for curving it around bends.

If it has lots of bends that are too tight to bet barrier bent round, and needs 21.5 elbows you might have fun with blockages...
Also standard solvent weld isn't rated for pressure use, and that's probably what it's getting subjected to if the discharge run has a lot of restriction downstream of the pump.

On the rare occasion I've ever fitted a macerator I've always used 22mm copper with swept bends for the vertical and gone up to 1 1/4 waste for the horizontal.

Solvent weld overflow pipe is fine to use on all macerators as the discharge pressure is only around 12 - 15 psi so it sounds like bad joints if their leaking, always use the pipe cleaner on the pipe and the elbow joints before the solvent weld and you should be ok.

Mike is correct in saying the best way to run the pipe is 21.5 / 22mm for the vertical then you can run 32 or 40mm to the stack but the all important factors are the 1:100 (10mm per metre) "fall" on the pipe to the stack and never use sharp 90 degree elbows anywhere.

Last edited:
Ps.
If you use solvent weld or barrier pipe or any "pipe on a roll" you have to support it at regular intervals to make sure there are no dips or sags in the pipe when installed or in years to come otherwise water lies in the dips which reduces the full flow of the next lot of water comming along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfoss macerator discharge problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock