Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a Macerator behind a CC Toilet in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys
I am at the design stage of having a En-Suite built and have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve.
For long and complex reasons I have to have a macerator and that needs to sit behind a close coupled toilet.
this will take the waste from a sink, shower and toilet.

Saniflow say I need 190 mm between the wall and the toilet spigot, difficult to achieve.

Grudfos do a unit called Sololift WC3 that has a recessed front that suggests it might fit behind better but as I cannot get to speak to anyone at Grundfos other than an automated messaging system, I cannot confirm this.

So my question is, have any plumbers on the forum had issues fitting either Saniflow or Grundfos units behind close coupled toilets (without having to pack out the toilets from the wall). If so how did you resolve it and what model macerators did you use?

Thanks in anticipation

Les W

190mm sounds about the depth of the unit, so if you want it behind the toilet, you’ve got no option.

I guess you could cut into the wall and create a slight recess of maybe 30mm or so to gain a bit.

Or build a boxing and bring the toilet forward.

Or build frame work/boxing for a wall mounted toilet frame.

Or reposition the sani, it doesn’t have to have the toilet connected direct. Maybe put sani in basin vanity and pipe toilet to it.

Or put sani in adjacent room (bottom of wardrobe).

Just some ideas without knowing the layout.

190mm sounds about the depth of the unit, so if you want it behind the toilet, you’ve got no option.

I guess you could cut into the wall and create a slight recess of maybe 30mm or so to gain a bit.

Or build a boxing and bring the toilet forward.

Or build frame work/boxing for a wall mounted toilet frame.

Or reposition the sani, it doesn’t have to have the toilet connected direct. Maybe put sani in basin vanity and pipe toilet to it.

Or put sani in adjacent room (bottom of wardrobe).

Just some ideas without knowing the layout.
Thanks for the response. I have flirted with all your suggestions (other than the wardrobe).
I am still perplexed that both Saniflow and Grundfos market macerators that are supposed to fit behind close coupled toilets (as shown in lots of their documentation) and haven't first researched the typical envelope the unit needs to fit in ???

Thanks for the response. I have flirted with all your suggestions (other than the wardrobe).
I am still perplexed that both Saniflow and Grundfos market macerators that are supposed to fit behind close coupled toilets (as shown in lots of their documentation) and haven't first researched the typical envelope the unit needs to fit in ???
Like for every toilet in the world you mean! What is your objection to a baton behind the cistern? If it is that strong then build a false wall, recess it in to a wall or find another way (there is usually a way 9/10 times), fit an all in one model or consider something like the Sanipack that sits to one side (if it takes water from the shower that is) but dont throw the toys out of the pram.

Dear RPM
In my professional life my maxim was don’t solve problems, avoid them in the first place. Imagine a car manufacturer placing the foot pedals too far away and suggest you could tie blocks of wood to them so you can reach. Packing out toilet with a piece of wood isn’t a solution it’s botch-up.
I hope my plumber is more creative.

Of course there are lots of more elegant solutions, I could place the macerator in a vanity unit and fit a back to wall unit and other helpful contributions from forum members have been appreciated.

It’s an irritation not a problem and will be solved, I just wondered if anyone in the forum had come across the issue.

Thanks for your comments and both the baby and bath water are safe, we are fitting a shower.

Please come back with a photo and words of the creative solution if only to help every person who replied on every site.

Reply to Fitting a Macerator behind a CC Toilet in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grudfos do a unit called Sololift WC3 that has a recessed front that suggests it might fit behind better but as I cannot get to speak to anyone at Grundfos other than an automated messaging system, I cannot confirm this. So my question is, have any plumbers on the forum had issues fitting...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
Hi The toliet pipes attched to the Macerator started to leak water yesterday when flushed. The macerator made a longer than noirmal whirring noise too. None of the waters been flushed and waste has come into the bowl with water, right to the top. I've ordered a water pump vacuum from amazon...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock