Discuss Friends strange leaking loo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave knight

Hi all.

Got a query from a friend and it's got me a little stumped. I'll post her exact words to me.

hey hun,have a question for you! so our toilet sprung a bloody leak from the pipe at the plastic knuckle bit (?)that fills up the cistern it dripped pretty constantly and over 24hrs filled up 4 bucket-loads of water. called landlord he's calling plumber etc however since he made the magic call the ******* thing stopped dripping on it's own accord and the pipe is bone dry flushes and refills cistern no problem.

question? do we have poltergeist? x

Now, I don't think it's a supernatural problem, but I do find a bit odd. If it was dirt in a valve I could understand it not shutting off. But a mysterious leak appearing then going! Bizarre.

Any help would be appreciated.

Most likely She may have had a broken overflow pipe that she thinks was the inlet and/or the ball cock was shutting off too late and going over the external overflow which is not watertight, and now fixed itself as they sometimes do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah that would make more sense. Must admit the plastic knuckle bit had me confused. Am waiting on some pictures so I could get a better idea. Nice one mate. Appreciate your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Friends strange leaking loo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi, I have a bit of a strange problem. A handful of times I've had a leak from the kitchen ceiling. This has always occurred when there has been...
Replies
Views
Peterbromley
P
Hi, I am just about to move into a new build property. I took the water meter readings and they read 000000,620 I had a look around the...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
A
Out Heating system is losing water constantly. I believe it's overflowing from somewhere and is flowing into the waste water funnel and from there...
Replies
Views
AliMac
A
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock