Discuss Friends strange leaking loo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave knight

Hi all.

Got a query from a friend and it's got me a little stumped. I'll post her exact words to me.

hey hun,have a question for you! so our toilet sprung a bloody leak from the pipe at the plastic knuckle bit (?)that fills up the cistern it dripped pretty constantly and over 24hrs filled up 4 bucket-loads of water. called landlord he's calling plumber etc however since he made the magic call the ******* thing stopped dripping on it's own accord and the pipe is bone dry flushes and refills cistern no problem.

question? do we have poltergeist? x

Now, I don't think it's a supernatural problem, but I do find a bit odd. If it was dirt in a valve I could understand it not shutting off. But a mysterious leak appearing then going! Bizarre.

Any help would be appreciated.

Most likely She may have had a broken overflow pipe that she thinks was the inlet and/or the ball cock was shutting off too late and going over the external overflow which is not watertight, and now fixed itself as they sometimes do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah that would make more sense. Must admit the plastic knuckle bit had me confused. Am waiting on some pictures so I could get a better idea. Nice one mate. Appreciate your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Friends strange leaking loo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Back