Search the forum,

Discuss evening all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mc55

hi another newbie, about to join the worcester 24i thread which is describing my issues to a T !!

Many thanks in advance and anticipation for all advice which will be gratefully received :)
Michelle

Hi Michelle

wecome to the forum, hope you find what you're looking for

Eco

thanks guys, already picked up some useful info ... and looking at the amount of requests for help with worcester boilers am thinking it wasn't one of the best to buy ! Hey ho.

Worcester boilers are a reasonable piece of kit among Vaillant. Personaly, I think these 2 manufacturer's are top of the list. Difference between the 2, is, Worcester use aluminium and vaillant use stainless stee, l heat exchangers. Both good materials, depends on your choice. I have a vaillant at home, which has been running for 6 years, no problems. Touch wood. Have done nothing except combustion test, gas rate since.

welcome to the forums Michelle , Worcester are good boilers not my favourite(dont like plastic components ) but there reliable

oh thanks for that - makes me feel a bit better. Seems that it is the outside pipe that has frozen in fairness to the boiler, which is not surprising - it was minus 8 when I got up today ... goodness knows what it is dropping to during the evening. Trying to figure out how to fill the system with water now that I've managed to get the ice out of the drain pipe thingy.

put the key in turn the black knob anti clockwise pressure to 1 bar

Loads of freezing condensate pipes at the moment. Lesson is/ run it internaly where ever possible. 32mm waste pipe if run externaly. Boilers with siphon on condensate a positve.

done a external run today in 32mm only modified it,20ft up into a soil stack so double lagged it externally and fitted a 32mm t internally with a rodding eye on top becomes east to defrost if it ever freezes remove the r/eye pour a boiling kettle down job done,but after lagging........twice its not likely to

Cross fingers, that should do the job. Mine complies and still froze up, thinking about alternative.

I am fixed - you guys are fantastic - what a wonderful welcome to the forum :)
thank you thank you thank you xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to evening all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock