Discuss DIY Gas Fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to competency with gas an individual is only competent if they have been deemed competent by a governing body
Gas Installations in a individuals home if carried out by an unqualified homeowner are still classed as illegal installations but these would only come to light if there was a unsafe situation or incident.

not if competent

Have you considered hanging the boiler your self,

Plumbing in the water bits (hot, cold, flow & return, condensate run, PRV tube) and having opened up the hole for the flue, get in a local RGI to finish it off at a reasonable price?

Tim

Have you considered hanging the boiler your self,

Plumbing in the water bits (hot, cold, flow & return, condensate run, PRV tube) and having opened up the hole for the flue, get in a local RGI to finish it off at a reasonable price?

Tim

all the jobs you mention are jobs to be completed legally only by a gas safe engineer

The thing we all have to accept is the fact that when ever we get to work on an appliance previously imstalled by some one else, we are obliged to commission it.

We dont assume its been done by a Registered Gas Installer just because the pipeworks neat.

So the benifit of doing a job where the householder, in this instance Gazultra is being honist and upfont about his lack of Job Licence, is that we are probably less likely to miss something.

I am not trying to be arguementative just thinking it may be better if we work with the unregistered than unknowingly work for them.

Tim

PS is Barlic still east of Preston, down the M65?

The thing we all have to accept is the fact that when ever we get to work on an appliance previously imstalled by some one else, we are obliged to commission it.

We dont assume its been done by a Registered Gas Installer just because the pipeworks neat.

So the benifit of doing a job where the householder, in this instance Gazultra is being honist and upfont about his lack of Job Licence, is that we are probably less likely to miss something.

I am not trying to be arguementative just thinking it may be better if we work with the unregistered than unknowingly work for them.

Tim

Yes its true. When we first go to service or repair an already installed gas installation or appliance we have no idea who installed it or how it was installed. Our job is to ensure it is installed properly. So it makes no sense not to service or certify a system.

Tim

Can see what you are saying and agree it could be argued you are better knowing the history of an installation be it good or bad

Others would say if you are doing your job properly,it does not matter ,as you will find any problems anyway

I just wanted to make the point ,that,we should indeed presume an appliance has been installed by a competent person and correctly,this is why no gas inspection is required on any appliance installed until appliance is 1 year old because it is assumed it has been installed correctly by the powers that be.

As for obligation,I am only obliged to carry out the works I wish

Learn't that years ago,when corgi insisted I should issue a gsr without labeling the boiler min ''at risk'',when sited in the shower area over a bath,they said,electrical side maybe a problem,gas is ok !Told customer the same,she screamed at me as I walked off down the path,giving her no paperwork

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Gas Fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have recently passed the ACS Gas Qualifications, joined the Gas Safe register and have passed the initial probation meeting with...
Replies
Views
H
Hello, I am hoping you can help or advise on the following... I am a mechanical/hydraulic offshore engineer and i'm about to be made...
Replies
Views
rubix_909
R
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
D
Read the article especially HSE Inspectors view A Lincolnshire plumber has been prosecuted for carrying out illegal gas work after a couple...
Replies
Views
G
hi guys,id like to say hi as im a newbie and enjoying reading all the posts new and previous and have a few questions! im 31 and have been a car...
Replies
Views
PlumbingBud
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock