Discuss Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Turned mains water back and and immediately started going back up into the tank. I can’t access shower mixer to isolate but assumed isolating the entire feed off the hot water pump would do it.

Sorry I’m getting mixed messages with this does the pump do hot and cold water for the whole house or just for one shower. If all the house is pumped then the fault can only be with your kitchen mixer

Sorry I’m getting mixed messages with this does the pump do hot and cold water for the whole house or just for one shower
Pump does whole house, hence I thought if I used the isolation valves on the pump it would stop any backfilling mains. But either the isolation valves aren’t turning off fully or im barking up the wrong tree. However I can feel the pipes on the pump they are cold as if mains water is flowing through.

Right let’s backtrack as we keep going round in circles here. Any outlet you have that is hot pumped and cold mains could be your culprit and from what you said sounds the only logical explanation

Reply to Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back