Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss certikin aquaspeed pool pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whyme

Hi y'all does anybody know if you can by spares for these pool pumps ie new motors etc and any diagnostics, cos ive got power to the pump but it aint doing anything.Its linked to an inline heater we fit so without this starting it doesnt activate the inline heaters paddle switch therefore cold swimming pool. dont really deal with pool stuff but a new one is £600.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can get spares I used to look after these. May just be a motor capacitor that needs replacing which costs about £5.

If it's the motor however it could end up costing almost as much as a new unit. The motors can be rewound if necessary without having to replace.

Take your pump to a company that does motor rewinds and repairs and they will be able to help.

Last edited:
Yes, you can get spares I used to look after these. May just be a motor capacitor that needs replacing which costs about £5.

If it's the motor however it could end up costing almost as much as a new unit. The motors can be rewound if necessary without having to replace.

Take your pump to a company that does motor rewinds and repairs and they will be able to help.
cheers pal sounding like a capacitor or something cos it doesnt sound like the motors stuck or humming also the motor wasnt hot like its stuck....dont know if thats a correct asumption ( only going off heating pump knowledge).

Thanks for the replies gonna bat it to the pool guys he used to deal with...

Those fancy pool pumps are expensive for what they are.
I'm trying a central heating pump on a pool in a couple of weeks. The place won't be open, So we will be playing about with different pumps.
I have two identical pumps. One is listed as a pond pump £75 trade. The other is listed as a swimming pool pump £600. They are both the same.

Those fancy pool pumps are expensive for what they are.
I'm trying a central heating pump on a pool in a couple of weeks. The place won't be open, So we will be playing about with different pumps.
I have two identical pumps. One is listed as a pond pump £75 trade. The other is listed as a swimming pool pump £600. They are both the same.

Surely you'd be better off with a bronze or stainless steel bodied pump? I saw a standard heating pump on a secondary return once, had me baffled for a couple of hours wondering why the dhw was rust coloured till I spotted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to certikin aquaspeed pool pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. A friend of mine is installing an infinity pool, ( for those who don't know what they are, they are a small pool maybe 10ft x 6ft and...
Replies
Views
Y
Hi folks,My boilers pump failed yesterday so we have no heating:(,Im not too bothered with this at the min but the wife and baby aint too happy...
Replies
Views
yphbsolutions
Y
G
Hello everyone, im new to this. I think i have got a fault on a lifesyle LP722 controller heating not coming on unless the hot water is on. When...
Replies
Views
Gas205
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock