Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pool heating options.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks. A friend of mine is installing an infinity pool, ( for those who don't know what they are, they are a small pool maybe 10ft x 6ft and are pump so you can swim against the current without reaching the edge) he has asked me if I can hear it via his farm 2000, a large wood burner. I regularly service oil fired pool heaters, and I've seen the air source heaters. But anyone know of anyway of incorporating the existing system, ie heat exchanger?? Would it work? How would I control it? It needs to be able to heat to around 28degrees so I've read, would this be achievable? Anybody ever tried this?
Ive a feeling it's going to be a separate heat source direct to pool but any advice?

He is going to need a proper pool set up, Boiler , filters , heat exchanger Etc..

Loving the way a naughty word is taken out of S****horpe in the location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily,
I have heated a 8000 ltr pool off a 30 kW boiler, via a heat exchanger, while also doing ufh and rads of the same boiler.

The rads and ufh pretty much maxed out the boiler capacity, so I was sceptical.

The pool was as add - on to the original specs, but the customer was willing to take a chance.
Once it was set up and running - have had no complaints, and the pool is / was heating up to 28 C without a problem

What the volume of water in the pool? - there are limitations to this

An infinity pool will lose heat a lot quicker than a 'static' pool when it's running. Saying that, it can only lose heat to the surrounding air and if the building it's in is well insulated and has some sort of heat recovery then it's not going to be such an issue.

You could quite easily incorporate a plate heat exchanger into the mix from an existing heat source as well as a GSHP or HSHP. All very doable for someone who knows what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pool heating options.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock