Search the forum,

Discuss boiler flame keeps dying in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ljgarrett

i have a gloworm 24ci ,about 9 year old,the problem being is that when you run the hot water it keeps fireing up then 30 secounds later its dies down then goes out,10 secounds later it fires up again ,then just keeps repeating the process time and time again.ive put a new flue on.so is it the flame sensor,pcb board or ? anyhelp would be much appreciate.

why did you put a new flue in?was it ok before

Last edited by a moderator:
ive never seen the boiler running before,so at first i thought it was a flue problem because it didnt look in good shape.

dont be messing with flue if you shouldnt be!
sounds like the control heat stat on the dhws is faulty, if when you run a bath you can here the water inside the boiler bubble and boil turn down the heat input. might help

heat imput is already low,ive checked the gas pressure,and the flue needed changing not fitted correct an incomplete

didnt mean gas pressure input. the control knob on front of boiler for setting temp of hot water, place that at minimum and see what happens
are you gas safe registered?

i have a gloworm 24ci ,about 9 year old,the problem being is that when you run the hot water it keeps fireing up then 30 secounds later its dies down then goes out,10 secounds later it fires up again ,then just keeps repeating the process time and time again.ive put a new flue on.so is it the flame sensor,pcb board or ? anyhelp would be much appreciate.

god you would save a lot of peoples time if you give better information try dealing with tenants all day i think i can read minds!!!!!!!!!!!

either not gas safe registered or you havnt a clue my guess is the first one

had one of these recently and it was a hole in the aps pipe, allowing enough suction to fire up the burner then loose presure and shut down the burner only to fire up again shortly thereafter, look for a split or hole in the aps pipes, if you know what an aps is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler flame keeps dying in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
The problem is, my ideal boiler logic heat h15 keeps on burning (igniting flame icon on) all the time, all day long, regardless of the programmed on off schedule for both heating and hot water. when we have the heating turned off from the thermostat programmer (danfoss tp9000ma-si), i.e frosted...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running for much over a minute (sometimes less). Since the weather has gotten cooler, the radiators seem to come on (unless turned off at the TRV) whenever a...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer. My old boiler was a heat only (with a copper tank) and has been replaced by a modern combi boiler. It just used two 22mm pipes to feed to the diverter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock