Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler keeps on boiling water even heating is switched off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Have never replaced the motor only.

"Still trying to understand how my system is not powered up without having it to reconnect back."
If you mean boiler/pump not running then its because there is no demand because you had removed the orange wire from the faulty M.valve, if you leave it disconnected and create a CH or HW demand then the boiler/pump will start up, is it a CH or HW M.valve thats faulty?.

Yes, that is the problem, IE your M.valve is still sending a signal to the boiler/pump to run even though he M valve isn't getting a demand to open from the relevant system so needs renewing, more than likely just the actuator which doesn't involve draining down the system.

Why didnt you probe between the removed orange wire and earth with power on but both CH & HW off, it should have read 230V.
Sorry, I did that, so i did measure 240V between the removed orange and the earth/neutral, while the connected orange in the box are reading 0V.

I was too focusing on why I cant turn on the system even though i had turn power on...

Have never replaced the motor only.

"Still trying to understand how my system is not powered up without having it to reconnect back."
If you mean boiler/pump not running then its because there is no demand because you had removed the orange wire from the faulty M.valve, if you leave it disconnected and create a CH or HW demand then the boiler/pump will start up, is it a CH or HW M.valve thats faulty?.
I get it now!!!!!

Thank you for being so patient to me!!!!!

Yes, I thought there were no power in the system, as I thought the green indicator on the pump means it is working/standby. I just disconnected the suspected orange wire again, turn on the system, boost hot water from the programmer to create demand, and boiler wakes up to work!

so I have swapped the synchron motor from a good one to the faulty one, it does not seem to help with the voltage, it still registers 240V.

So I need to replace the whole M. Valves?

so I have swapped the synchron motor from a good one to the faulty one, it does not seem to help with the voltage, it still registers 240V.

So I need to replace the whole M. Valves?
Yes, it’s not the motor at fault, it’s a microswitch.

The whole actuator, at least, , as its the spring return thats probably causing the problem or the end switch sticking on, remove the actuator from the valve and switch the zone valve on off with the actuator removed and see if 230v still present when switched off, also open/close the zone valve with a adjustable spanner or such on the valve spindle, it should move relatively very easily.

The whole actuator, at least, , as its the spring return thats probably causing the problem or the end switch sticking on, remove the actuator from the valve and switch the zone valve on off with the actuator removed and see if 230v still present when switched off, also open/close the zone valve with a adjustable spanner or such on the valve spindle, it should move relatively very easily.

Would like to try, but did a search on youtube, couldn't find any tutorial of how to, basically i have no idea what the structure is.

You know any good youtube video i can follow please?

which/where is this microswitch please? can it be replaced on its own?
It’s where the orange wire connects, but probably best to renew the actuator (valve head), some have replaced them, but I wouldn’t know how as I’ve never done it.

Have you tested if theres 240 on the brown for the 2 port valve in the wiring centre ?

With nothing calling eg heat and hot water timers off

You won’t get the head off as there’s not enough space to lift it out need to rotate the valve so the head sticks out front time for a plumber I would say

Now something I don't understand, I thought the system is actually running, but even though I boosted hot water, create demand, the boiler is not on, is always 00, I have only removed the faulty orange wire from WC, and touched absolutely nothing regarding HW, and I did see the boiler ignited yesterday for once (didn't check after), the time that I thought the system had no power.

So what is my problem now ...

When I press restart from the boiler, it doesn't seem to go through the usual start up sequence, but stays 00 all time...

Attachments

• 16817195171525387490801073118752.jpg
    16817195171525387490801073118752.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 16817197497376205304117597426368.jpg
    16817197497376205304117597426368.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
If neither the roomstat or the cylinder stat is calling for water then boiler wont start, either boost the HW and turn the cylinder stat (the one attached to the cylinder) up to start the boiler or just hold your trusty orange wire up against the common terminal again to (see) the boiler firing.

But I asked for hot water as well, shouldnt I see it fires for a second at least?

And the start up sequence doesn't seem to do anything.
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and you have it set low at 45 degrees.

Reply to Boiler keeps on boiling water even heating is switched off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock