Discuss Bath shower mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

azzvon12

Hello all just a quick question to reassure my self really. iam going to change some ordinary bath taps for bath shower mixer taps with shower attachment the hot water is provided by a combi boiler,can i just put a standard pair of mixer taps on or should i go for thermostatic ones.was a bit worried that the cold water pressure would be a lot higher than the hot from the combi.Thanks

Won't the hot be the same as the cold in a combi setup?
You may need to check if the shower comes with check valves for backflow prevention

Hi

You should be okay but you may need a Pressure reducing valve on the cold feed but you will definately need check valves

Thanks fellas thought i might need pressure reducing valve on cold feed was going to put check valves on.Thanks for the advice.

NRV'S(Non Return Valves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath shower mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock