Discuss Bathroom Rad Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zoom

Hello - first timer here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've just installed a replacement towel radiator. Upon installation, the rad heated up fine, but then cooled and since then (2 days ago) there is no hot water reaching the rad.

1. There are 4 rads in the property, (including the replacement)
2. Running off an Alpha combi boiler (pressure gauge set to '1')
3l. The towel rad is full of water.
4. The previous towel rad was removed about 6 months ago (so pipework was isolated)

All the pipes in the property are on the outside of the walls and interestingly both pipes AFTER the last radiator (prior to the towel radiator) are only hot for approx. 6 inches further along the loop towards the towel rad. So obviously the hot water isn't reaching the towel radiator, (although it did when I first connected it) but I don't know why. The other 3 rads in the property work fine with no air in the rads.

Some thoughts I had were:

Blockage in the system.

Problem with pressure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the lockshield valve is open.

If it is close off the other rads. If it is air it should move it.

If that doesn't work it could be worth looking at the pump and seeing if it makes a difference by turning it up. I'd do the lockshield bits described above first though as this is more likely to cure the problem.

Sounds like air stuck in the return pipe, turn off the other rads and blast through the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom Rad Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back