Discuss Whats this pipe for ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve 006

Hi folks
I want to fit a 3 port Motorised valve to my boiler, I only have 1 two way on the heating side so hot water is wild and probably taking valuable heat from the heating side as it is always open.

One question I have a Glow worm space saver 75 about 25/30 yrs old. I can see the gas pipe in, and the 28mm flow which splits to CH/HW expansion and and the return which join up again from Hw/Ch pass through the pump and back into the return of the boiler , but at the top of the boiler going into the back there is another 15mm copper tube that goes into boiler, any ideas what this will be?

Thanks
Steve

Would you not be better off using the boiler scrappage scheme, looking at the cost savings of a new HE combi or vented boiler if you have to keep your 25 yr old cylinder, that will start leaking soon and employ a plumber that knows what hes doing. A little knowledge can be awfully dangerous in this situation.

cold feed,but would agree with oldplumber,the boiler youve got is very old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats this pipe for ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock