Discuss Under Sink Water Heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jabberwock48

In our previous house we had an unventilated under sink water heater plumbed into the hot water supply to the sink. This worked very well for many years. As we have the same problem in our new house of the sink being a long way from the hot water cylinder I would like to do the same. Is there any problem in usuing one of the many small water heaters descibed as mains cold feed for this purpose (with the safety valve Included of course). It is not conveninet to have another hot water tap supplied by the water heater and we want to have the flexibility of accessing hot water from the cylinder if needed as there is only room for a 5litre size heater.

How about setting up secondary circulation circuit?

I did not want to elaborate too much but there is actually a pump to circulate hot water around the (rather large) house. We try not to have it on too much as we found heat losses around the system were cauing us to use too much heating oil for the boiler and apart from in the kitchen we can access hot water from the cylinder without the circulation pump being on. If we fitted the under sink heater we would intercept the last bit of single pipe to the hot water tap.

jabber, your idea is correct and perfect for your instalation, also economically wise.

In our previous house we had an unventilated under sink water heater plumbed into the hot water supply to the sink. This worked very well for many years. As we have the same problem in our new house of the sink being a long way from the hot water cylinder I would like to do the same. Is there any problem in usuing one of the many small water heaters descibed as mains cold feed for this purpose (with the safety valve Included of course). It is not conveninet to have another hot water tap supplied by the water heater and we want to have the flexibility of accessing hot water from the cylinder if needed as there is only room for a 5litre size heater.

Ariston do a range of small water storage units that just plug into the electrial ring main
To allow use of both systems through tap when needed,you could just fit a manual 3 way valve under sink,with non return valves fitted on both supplies to valve,then link up to tap :)
You can get taps with three way valve incorporated,usually for cold treated and untreated water supply but this restricts choice/style of tap you can have

Crown ERS210 now in place and working very well indeed. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Under Sink Water Heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock