Search the forum,

Discuss Slow running hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

graham_f

I hope someone can help with this. The hot taps in our bathroom (sink and bath) both have a similar problem (bath is worse than sink). Our water is heated by a combi boiler. When the taps are first turned on, and the cold water from the pipes is running through they flow fine, but as the hot water comes through they slow - sometimes to a trickle, although at other times the flow is better. Other taps in the house are fine and don't have any issues, which suggests to me it is something local to the taps in the bathroom rather than a problem with the boiler. The taps themselves are just bog-standard - not 1/4 turn levers or mixers. Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow running hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have tried the mixer tap/air lock trick about 10 times now and still not fixing. I have drained the HW tank a little so I can inspect the 22mm out pipe at...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock