Discuss Shower pump activates when hot taps are turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brooksie1963

Help!
A customer of mine has the following problem:
The shower pump in the loft comes on, just for an instant, when any of the hot taps in the house are turned off.
It's a vented hot water tank system using a Warwick flange and now with a check valve / non return valve just after the hot distribution pipe out of the flange. This was supposed to solve the problem and it didn't.
Any ideas please?
Martin

I had a customer last year with a similar problem. I traced the pipework back and found a 4" piece of pipe (dead end) coming from a tee (all plastic, plumbed by a builder). I removed this and the problem went. I imagine the water was bouncing back when the taps were closed, just enough to get the float switch on the pump going.

Help!
A customer of mine has the following problem:
The shower pump in the loft comes on, just for an instant, when any of the hot taps in the house are turned off.
It's a vented hot water tank system using a Warwick flange and now with a check valve / non return valve just after the hot distribution pipe out of the flange. This was supposed to solve the problem and it didn't.
Any ideas please?
Martin

im sure your not suppose to have anything in between the tank and the pump,this may be causing some kick back
bob

im sure your not suppose to have anything in between the tank and the pump,this may be causing some kick back
bob

sorry miss read the qoute,is there anything in between the tank and pump
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump activates when hot taps are turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back