Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Roper Rhodes Smart Flow Bath Filler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumberdan23

Hey all, just wondering if anybody has fitted one of these before and what is its performance like?? Thanks.

Fitted them,had no problems,as long as on mains pressure
Ideal if thermostatic filling valve in wall
Fitted one few months back,wall plate had three control valves in one wall plate,bath ,shower and hand held shower for washing hair over the sink,customer asked if I liked,very nice set up I said but as I pointed out ,no good to me,coz never bath,only shower twice a year and have no hair!!!! :(;)

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that sounds the exact same one ive fitted owever no non return valves on shower valve itself so i had to fit them in pipework.. also the flow doesnt seem too good. its running off a combi so should be enough pressure as the retailer who sold customer shower/bath tap divertor stressed that it was definatly ok with combi's.. what u think puddle? thanks again:D

Well you have a lot of restriction through mixer valve and filler as both for main pressure,however there is mains pressure and mains pressure as we know,from 1 bar to 3.5 bar,I know you get higher but then p/reducing valves come into effect on many fittings.I ran from mixer valve in wall to bath filler in 22mm improving any possible restriction,reducing at fittings
Most of the time customer using shower maybe using bath every now and then,so very acceptable fill ,they were happy,I did not do a flow rate,that would change each job anyway
And as water temp is coming through to bath at correct temp anyway through thermostatic mixer,you can turn on and potter about and once at level required,just dive in,no messing

Always good to fit independent non return valves if you can,customer will pay if explained need ,even if fitted in valve have had many fail but as you said many valves now ,for some reason do not have them,china springs to mind for some reason

Hey.. yea i have fitted check valves in pipework to valve in wall i'd say the flow rate to bath filler is bout 6l a min if that! in the installation manual it said 15mm to bath filler so that what ive put in yea 22mm would have been better now ill know for next time not to take much notice of the instsructions, to be honest the installation instructions were poor it said to put hot and cold on wrongs way i found out as i tested it it wasnt gettin hot lol crossed pipework over and it was fine. No wonder customer got it cheap! Also a good job customer isnt bothered bout the bath filler lol what sort of flow rate are these valves expected to put out do u know? cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roper Rhodes Smart Flow Bath Filler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
T
Hi, I'm having a new bathroom installed and having issues getting the right bath/shower set up. Shower has to be over bath as no space for a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock