Discuss PRV theory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Does anyone know why you're supposed to fit PRV's on a horizontal run with the screw at the top? I'm a little short of available horizontal pipe and would like to know if it is possible to successfully fit them to vertical pipe, or failing that if I could ft one with the screw horizontally to one side.

Thanks,

Mike

Boiler manufacturers fit PRV's on vertical pipes. I know of no reason why you should not fit them on vertical pipes. In essence the valve is a sealing element held against a seat with a spring. The sealing element moves once a preset pressure is reached and discharges water.

Hi. Have not come across the the restrictions you mention, and have fitted on both horizontal and vertical. It may just be the make of valve you have acquired? The screw adjusts the pressure reduction via a spring, theres nothing inside that flops about by gravity. Good Luck

As far as I know it makes no difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said on domestic systems ,can see no problem either way, Practice comes from industrial side were pipework is alot larger giving different pressures at different levals and flow rates affect existing pressure on vertical runs, making fitment of prv.s easier and more stable on horisontal runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV theory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a British Gas 330+ Heat only boiler and it displayed an F25 error (lack of water iirc) on Sunday. I read the manual and bled the...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new combi boiler fitted by an approved and Which recommended installer but I noticed that the condensate trap/soakaway was only...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock