Discuss pan fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herbert

hi, i am looking to install a toilet but the waste needs to go out the pan,down through the floor then back passing under the toilet is this ok,, i mean i am gonna have to take the waste through the ceiling just into the utility room below evantually to get under the floor joists so it can then terminate outside. Also how can i get my waste from the shower (top right) and from the (basin top left) to the soil pipe .. i guess its a case of lifting the shower tray a little and joining the basin to the shower waste.. round the skirting behind the loo to the outside or take the waste below the floor but thats gonna look awfull i can box the soil pipe in where it comes through the floor.
many thanks andy

pan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
;)You hate boxing , I hate boxing we all hate boxing . HOWEVER if you ever get a blockage you would be pleased it wasnt under that floor . If you cant /wont change the layout I would think long and hard before putting it under as you have shown . And for that reason Im out;)

well again i can't see any other way to get the soil to the stack without going through the floor to just into the room below then to the stack! i can move the toilet slightly to one side so i dont have to go directly under neath te toilet,, but to get to an outside wall its gotta go under the joist-i wanted to go straight out the wall next to the toilet but there is a plack outside the house derectly beside it.

herbert i have to say i'm with gray on this! there should be no problem doin what you plan with the pan waste. there is a bit of talk above about needin plungers etc but i think its cobblers.
my old man lives in an oldish house which is typical of the style, and as a plumber i've seen loads of others with the same layout....

basically house of a certain age all have low level toilets with a wall hung cistern connecting to the pan via a flush pipe. the pan connector goes 90degrees from the outlet through the floor (just like you are proposing) then straight into another 90degree elbow going out thru the wall and into the stack (again the same as you are proposing...the only difference being the direction of the second 90) if it worked for years as the accepted norm then why will it cause you problems now? (it won't)
my old mans house has a cast iron branch and stack. the stack is 110 but the branch is quite a bit less in diameter. never needed a plunger. if you plan to use 110 soilpipe underfloor for the soil branch (and why wouldn't you??) then there will be no problem clearing the 6ft length you describe.

just don't go putting a brick in the cistern to save water lol:p

KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and about the other wastes passing through the joists be careful! the regs state that any holes must be located in the centre (top to bottom) which isn't going to give you any fall, let alone a self cleansing gradient. therefore the diameter of the holes will need to be larger than that of the pipes, you need to take this into consideration when you decide if the joist depth can support the hole size you need

KJ:cool:

thanks mate.. that puts my mind at rest, its so hrd to make up your mind when your resonably new to the game and get such conflicticng views.

Maybe a silly question but does the WC absolutely have to be there?? a 2" shower waste is easier to route that a 4" soil pipe.

well i completed this job last week and i can say it has worked a treat with no hastle. I i kept everything the same but the basin and shower waste, i lifted the showertray enough to pass the basin waste under it via the shower mixer dry wall enclosure under the tray connect to the shower waste then behind a boxing which runs behind the wc ane wall.You can only see about 12 ines of boxing between the shower and the wc.... Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pan fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock