Search the forum,

Discuss Adding shower waste to horizontal 110mm pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams

One is the current layout
And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste.

This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically.

( the current Bath is bossed way in above the tee and hasn't even got a fall, so certainly can't be used for a shower tray )

So I was thinking of cutting the 4 inch and adding a separate Boss adaptor like the one I've attached in the image So it's separate from the basin waste. (Just using one of the holes in the adaptor)

Or should I put the basin and shower waste into the one boss adaptor (basin through top hole and shower through side hole) I just wasn't keen on bossing the shower into the side of the horizontal pipe instead of the top

Will this be okay ? Many thanks

Attachments

• 20230626_150024.jpg
    20230626_150024.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230626_150228.jpg
    20230626_150228.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230626_142652_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_142652_eBay.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 13
Thanks @fowlerboi I shall buy two of the short boss adaptors which I attached an Image of and re do the horizontal length and use solvent weld boss adaptors coming out the fitti g with it been underfloor.

do you prefer these adaptors over strap on bosses?

I like the boss couplings more than the strap on type as the strap on can fail if the clip breaks etc

You should be fine mixing pipes and fittings as long as you just check they aren't too sloppy when pushed together dry. Usually the 2inch fittings and pipe are the worst for this, never had it with 40mm

Yes as above just watch your ods

Reply to Adding shower waste to horizontal 110mm pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock