Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy Pegler bathroom mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fraz101

I have a Pegler mixer tap in the bathroom that is extremely stiff and noisy,i have tried lubricating the cartidge on various occasions which helps for a day or two.

I contacted pegler who gave me the part number but its blooming expensive for a cartridge £50!!!!!

Any one suggest an alternative?

Also under the tap are 2 flexi pipes one for hot one for cold,but only the cold has an isolation screw,how would i go about turning the hot off so i can remove the cartridge without a flood?

to isolate it it would depend on your plumbing system, what do you have, if you dont know tell me what's in your airing cupboard and/or loft

Sometimes the cartridges do need replacing and I agree that £50 is a lot but regretfully there wont be another one that fits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy Pegler bathroom mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
I have quarter turn taps in my downstairs bathroom, the sink taps were getting a bit stiff so I replaced the insides with Flomasta 1/2" BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands from Screwfix. They work fine but are really noisy unless on full flow or trickle, anything in between sounds like Niagara...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's still hot there so I'm guessing there's a problem with cold water feeding into the hot water somewhere along the line. I have mixer taps on two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock