Discuss No need to flush systems any more in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

Got called to a friend’s council flat/maisonette the other night due to his hall radiator leaking all over, strange how this friend thing is a one way when a plumber, anyway he told me he had just had a new combi fitted that day by council
So off I went, He used to have a back boiler so presumed they had flushed system through and chemical had cleaned out a pinhole in rad
But when got there, black sludge was all under the rad, nice and thick
Isolated rad and drained, removed and tipped upside down, not kidding the weight of rad must have been twice as heavy with black sludge
Anyway there in the kitchen was a nice new valiant eco combi, nice, neat pipe work
The leak caused by addad water pressure in system as no flush had been done and the water in system was blacker than black,
Friend said the job was being inspected in morning and I said to mention flushing
Gets call in morning and apparently the flats are being transferred to housing association next month and part of agreement is old back boilers will be replaced before handover
Thus council will only pay for boiler replacement,nothing else not even flushing no matter what condition, so in the long run it will cost twice as much in repairs ect but that will be down to housing association not council so who cares...maybe the tax payers and those paying future service charges in the area,thats who, but that politics :(

surely the contractors have a duty to fit to manaufacturers instructions and by not flushing leave themselves liable to future claims

Thus council will only pay for boiler replacement, nothing else not even flushing no matter what condition,
If the boiler has not been installed in accordance with mfrs instructions then the warranty will be invalid.

What about the Benchmark book? What does that say about flushing etc? If I was the tenant I would get in touch with Vaillant and Gassafe and complain. He should also contact his Councillor and MP.

And we all thought Warmfront were bad. :eek: But at least they are being investigated.

Yes, flushing is part of the standard installation procedure and so should not have been missed out. The boiler is hence "incorrectly installed"

surely the contractors have a duty to fit to manaufacturers instructions and by not flushing leave themselves liable to future claims

I was going to e mail the council ,which is the same as mine and ask a few questions but they will just say will look into it and unless you keep e mailing them you will not hear another thing,but will try
Not sure flushing is in manufactorers fitting instructions ,is it not just a recommendation that it should be fitted to a clean system and just in their warranty conditions
It would just void any warranty period offered by manufactorer :(
If the water was a little discoluored,hay ho but thought he had hit an oil strike in the hall !!
The contractors involved are a very big council contractor and should know better,I would not even have thought about putting a boiler on this system,there was two of them there ,two days, so they could of least stuck a hose pipe on a pipe and blasted it through for 1/2 hrs,show a bit of willing

And we all thought Warmfront were bad. :eek: But at least they are being investigated.[/QUOTE]

Our company did a bit of work for them, well me mainly. Glad to hear they're being investigated but in my experience it was'nt so much the company as the poor standard LAZY engineers. The old "its your pcb love" mentality just to get out the house as quick as possible because they knew they would never go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No need to flush systems any more in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock