Discuss No C/H or H/W in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DarkCrystl

Hi all, just visited customer who says heating and hot water not working.
System is y plan. I checked for water in system-all good, spent time making sure controls were operational (which they are) and and that the pump is working.
I then bled the radiators, air vents and pump.
I checked the boiler and can hear the fan spining up but it doesn't look like the main burner is igniting. I'm not Gas Safe so didn't take the cover off to inspect.
It seems like the system is only circulating cold water.
Any suggestions would be welcome but it sounds to me like a fault in the boiler.
Thanks v. much for your time

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've explained situation to customer but unfortunately it's out of my hands and they need an RGI to test boiler.
Would've liked to have been able to diagnose and repair myself but don't have the knowledge (or ticket).:(

then what would be next in the sequence... now is your chance to learn :)

Had a similiar problem recently and ended up replacing the pcb

Yeah, I'd probably inspect the air pressure switch because there's power to the boiler and the fan starts up but no main burner. Or maybe thermocouple may not have the go ahead from the pilot?
Would love to get more hands on with this type of work but alas, without a teacher how is one supposed to learn?

If the fan is spinning then try sucking on the pipe to the pressure switch and see if the burner ignites.
if so then could be a problem within the fan.
snoop the venturi pipe on the fan to make sure its pulling the vacuum
suck on the pipe a few times just in case its the switch thats sticking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No C/H or H/W in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock